DIY Lavender Kit
DIY Lavender Garden Kit
What’s better than the uplifting scent of lavender? Your very own DIY lavender kit! This kit includes everything you (or someone special) will need to create a charming lavender garden. Just add water and let the fun begin! Each kit includes a tin planter, lid, two packets of compressed soil, three starter lavender plants, and an instruction card.
DIY LAVENDER GARDEN KIT
What’s better than the uplifting scent of lavender? Your very own DIY lavender kit! This kit includes everything you (or someone special) will need to create a charming lavender garden—complete with soil and tin planter. Just add water and let the fun begin!
Care / Planting Instructions:
1. Carefully unbox your kit. Each kit contains a tin planter, two packets of compressed soil, and three potted lavender plants.
2. Open both packets of soil. Break the soil apart into the planter. More than enough expandable soil is provided.
3. Mix well with water until soil is evenly moist. There should be no dry pockets of soil left.
4. Plant your lavender, evenly spaced, in the tin planter. Use your hands to gently pack soil around the plants.
5. The soil in your lavender kit retains moisture exceptionally well, so you should only water your lavender when the soil is mostly dry (but not completely dry).
6. Lavender can be grown indoors by providing a large amount of natural light for several months. Prune back regularly from time to time.
7. Plant your lavender in your garden by early fall or the following spring. Plant in full sun, avoiding wet soil.
Known as the queen of the herbs, lavender is cherished for its beautiful purple blooms and its heavenly scent. It’s used in all kinds of recipes—from dressings to desserts to beverages—and lavender oil has a variety of uses as well. It’s a useful perennial to have around, and you’ll love catching a whiff of its uplifting aroma as you go about your day.