Audubon® Shining Blue Star
Shipping Spring of 2022
Shining Bluestar has been waiting in the wings a long time, but it is now poised to truly become a shining star! This sensational native Spirit—inexplicably absent in gardens—has much to offer. Let’s start with the delicate sky-blue flowers in late spring and early summer. Besides beautifying your landscape, they’ll attract Hummingbirds, Hummingbird moths, butterflies, and long-tongued bees. In summer, clean, shiny foliage (hence the name) is the draw. In fall, that shining foliage turns yellow, lighting up the garden once more. Bravo! Wonderful in mixed borders, foundation plantings, cottage gardens, and native gardens. Plant en masse for best effect.
May Benefit & Attract: Hummingbirds
Take Birds Under Your Wing
New! Introducing our bird-friendly collection of Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
- Better for Birds, 100% Neonic-Free
- Not Available in non-native regions, states or counties (see Native Regions map)
Bower & Branch is proud to grow Audubon® Native Plants for Birds in partnership with the National Audubon Society to help birds and other wildlife thrive.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow
- This bird-friendly native plant provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Your purchase and planting of this native flora directly supports Audubon’s conservation mission and impact
- Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program
- Audubon Native Plants & Trees are free of neonicotinoids and exclusively grown by Bower & Branch
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Show more ›
Recommended by Our Growers
This graphic shows the approximate size and form of the Tree you are viewing.
There are no reviews yet.