Audubon® Water Oak
In stock and ready to ship
How can we help native birds thrive? According to noted entomologist and popular nature writer, Doug Tallamy, the best thing we can do is to plant more keystone plants in our gardens. Keystone plants are those that support the greatest number of caterpillars and other insects, which in turn nourish birds. The number one keystone plant in his estimation is the oak tree in all of its wonderful native forms. Water Oak is one of these wildlife heroes—and a fast-growing one at that! It will help you create backyard bird habitat in a hurry.
May Benefit & Attract: cardinals & grosbeaks, wrens, woodpeckers, sparrows, thrushes, orioles, waxwings, nuthatches, finches, mockingbirds & thrashers, crows & jays, vireos
Take Birds Under Your Wing
New! Introducing our bird-friendly collection of Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
- Better for Birds, 100% Neonic-Free
- Not Available in non-native regions, states or counties (see Native Regions map)
Bower & Branch is proud to grow Audubon® Native Plants for Birds in partnership with the National Audubon Society to help birds and other wildlife thrive.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow
- This bird-friendly native plant provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Your purchase and planting of this native flora directly supports Audubon’s conservation mission and impact
- Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program
- Audubon Native Plants & Trees are free of neonicotinoids and exclusively grown by Bower & Branch
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
Size AA (2-3' tall) container grown
- Hardiness Zone: 6-9
- Show more ›
This graphic shows the approximate size and form of the Tree you are viewing.
There are no reviews yet.