Audubon® Showy Goldenrod
In stock and ready to ship
We need to rethink our relationship with Goldenrod. Too often dismissed as a weed, and blamed for causing hay fever (it does NOT provoke allergies!), this valuable native is actually the single best Spirit you can plant to support pollinators, birds, and the planet in general! Showy Goldenrod is a particularly worthy species that sports fluffy yellow flowers in late summer and early fall that are relished by monarch butterflies and countless native bees and other pollinators. Songbirds will love the plethora of caterpillars that feed on Showy Goldenrod’s foliage, and goldfinches will snack on its seeds in late fall and winter. A must-have for nature-lovers!
May Benefit & Attract: Thrushes, waxwings, wood warblers, finches, mockingbirds & thrashers, chickadees & titmice, orioles, cardinals & grosbeaks, crows & jays, sparrows, nuthatches, vireos, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, and wrens.
Take Birds Under Your Wing
New! Introducing our bird-friendly collection of Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
- Better for Birds, 100% Neonic-Free
- Not Available in non-native regions, states or counties (see Native Regions map)
Bower & Branch is proud to grow Audubon® Native Plants for Birds in partnership with the National Audubon Society to help birds and other wildlife thrive.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow
- This bird-friendly native plant provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Your purchase and planting of this native flora directly supports Audubon’s conservation mission and impact
- Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program
- Audubon Native Plants & Trees are free of neonicotinoids and exclusively grown by Bower & Branch
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Show more ›
Recommended by Our Growers
This graphic shows the approximate size and form of the Tree you are viewing.
There are no reviews yet.