Audubon® Staghorn Sumac
In stock and ready to ship
A fiery autumn beauty! Staghorn Sumac is a deciduous shrub with year-round beauty. A shining native that supports our natural ecology! Their most notable feature of yellow-green flowers gives way to clusters of fuzzy, bright red berries attracting Northern Cardinals, nuthatches, grosbeaks, sparrows, and a host of many other birds to come for lunch. This shrub is the perfect balance between rugged and gracefully delicate with its vigorous growth and gorgeous foliage. It is often nicknamed ‘Velvet Sumac’ for its velvety twigs and clusters of hundreds of tiny soft yellow-green blooms at the tips of branches. Over-sized leaves give this eclectic native an almost tropical look. You can truly anticipate a dazzling show in the fall as the foliage transforms to vibrant red, copper, and orange tones. The female plants run the show in late summer by showing off tall pyramidal bright crimson fruit clusters that drift to burgundy in the fall and remain red through winter months! Turn this beauty into a new family tradition as the backdrop of all your family photos.
May Benefit & Attract: finches, chickadees & titmice, mockingbirds & thrashers, wood warblers, sparrows, nuthatches, wrens, thrushes, crows & jays, cardinals & grosbeaks, waxwings, orioles, woodpeckers, vireos
Take Birds Under Your Wing
New! Introducing our bird-friendly collection of Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
- Better for Birds, 100% Neonic-Free
- Not Available in non-native regions, states or counties (see Native Regions map)
Bower & Branch is proud to grow Audubon® Native Plants for Birds in partnership with the National Audubon Society to help birds and other wildlife thrive.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow
- This bird-friendly native plant provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Your purchase and planting of this native flora directly supports Audubon’s conservation mission and impact
- Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program
- Audubon Native Plants & Trees are free of neonicotinoids and exclusively grown by Bower & Branch
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Show more ›
This graphic shows the approximate size and form of the Tree you are viewing.
There are no reviews yet.