Please enter your zip code to see sizes available in your area.
Audubon® Shagbark Hickory
This Tree is not available for Sale at this time through Bower & Branch. Bower & Branch provides this information for reference only. Please check back with us or contact us for more detail.
Take Birds Under Your Wing
New! Introducing our bird-friendly collection of Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
- Better for Birds, 100% Neonic-Free
- Not Available in non-native regions, states or counties (see Native Regions map)
If you like pecans, you’ll love this Pecan relative, and the birds will, too. Shagbark Hickory is a choice native tree that produces delicious, sweet nuts for you and your feathered friends to enjoy. Blue jays and woodpeckers will be grateful dinner guests, and with a little help (just break open the tough shells with a hammer), cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches, and all sorts of seed-eaters will feast as well. Shagbark Hickory serves as a valuable host plant for many species of insects, which also feed our native songbirds and their chicks. With this tree, there’s something on the menu for everyone!
Bower & Branch is proud to grow Audubon® Native Plants for Birds in partnership with the National Audubon Society to help birds and other wildlife thrive.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow
- This bird-friendly native plant provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Your purchase and planting of this native flora directly supports Audubon’s conservation mission and impact
- Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program
- Audubon Native Plants & Trees are free of neonicotinoids and exclusively grown by Bower & Branch
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Show more ›
This graphic shows the approximate size and form of the Tree you are viewing.