Please enter your zip code to see sizes available in your area.
Audubon® Shagbark Hickory
We currently do not deliver to your area at this time, please contact us to discuss other options.
If you like pecans, you’ll love this Pecan relative, and the birds will, too. Shagbark Hickory is a choice native tree that produces delicious, sweet nuts for you and your feathered friends to enjoy. Blue jays and woodpeckers will be grateful dinner guests, and with a little help (just break open the tough shells with a hammer), cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches, and all sorts of seed-eaters will feast as well. Shagbark Hickory serves as a valuable host plant for many species of insects, which also feed our native songbirds and their chicks. With this tree, there’s something on the menu for everyone!
Take Birds Under Your Wing
New! Introducing our bird-friendly collection of Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
- Better for Birds, 100% Neonic-Free
- Not Available in non-native regions, states or counties (see Native Regions map)
Bower & Branch is proud to grow Audubon® Native Plants for Birds in partnership with the National Audubon Society to help birds and other wildlife thrive.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow
- This bird-friendly native plant provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Your purchase and planting of this native flora directly supports Audubon’s conservation mission and impact
- Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program
- Audubon Native Plants & Trees are free of neonicotinoids and exclusively grown by Bower & Branch
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
Size AA (12-18" tall) container grown
Size A (2-3' tall) container grown
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Show more ›
This graphic shows the approximate size and form of the Tree you are viewing.
Size A Trees:
2-3' tall, grown and delivered in a container. It won't take long for this slow growing native to flourish in your landscape after it is planted. One person can pick this size tree up and bring it home in their van or SUV.